Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Tummy & Tushie Story Time: November 17-18, 2014

Books:
The Belly Book by Joe Harris *
The Butt Book by Artie Bennett
Chicken Cheeks by Michael Ian Black *
I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! by Karen Beaumont *
Mother Mother I Feel Sick Send for the Doctor Quick Quick Quick  
          by Remy Charlip

Craft: Gingerbread Person
Each child was given a coloring sheet of a gingerbread person.  They were directed to color it like they would like to paint themselves (i.e. I Ain't Gonna Paint No More!).  I also handed out sparkles for those who would like to add them to their picture.

Literacy Extensions:
- Explain how different words can mean the same thing (i.e. Chicken Cheeks).  See if your child can come up with some examples.
- Use The Belly Book as an opening to talk about healthy eating.

Notes:
While I love all of the books I used this week, they really do go over best with the older children.  The Belly Book was a little long for the toddlers we had.  Also, the humor of Chicken Cheeks goes over better with slightly older children.  Although I did hear a lot of snickering from the parents on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment