Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Elephant & Piggie: I Love My New Toy! Story Time: July 1-2, 2019

Books:
Bath Time by Eileen Spinelli
The Boy Who Wouldn't Share by Mike Reiss *
I Love My New Toy! by Mo Willems *
What the Dinosaurs Did Last Night by Refe Tuma *
Where's My T-R-U-C-K? by Karen Beaumont

Craft: Dinosaur Puppet
This week's craft was based on the picture at left.  The children colored a head, eyes, teeth, arms, and legs cutouts before gluing them to a paper bag to turn into a puppet.

Extension Activities:
- Learn more about dinosaurs.  There are a lot of great books at the library to check out about dinosaurs.
- Where's My T-R-U-C-K uses spelling instead of words to tell the story.  Read another story substituting the spelling instead of a word and see if your child still understands the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment