are held weekly on Monday and Tuesday mornings at 10:00 am. A monthly
virtual Story Time is posted the first Tuesday of the month on the
library's Facebook page. It is available to view for one month before
the next video is posted.Books:
Click HERE for this month's virtual Story Time.
I'm the Biggest Thing in the Ocean by Kevin Sherry
I'm the Best Artist in the Ocean by Kevin Sherry
Milo Is Missing Something by Vern Kousky
Hello, My Name Is . . .: How Adorabilus Got His Name
by Marisa PolanskyHow to Put an Octopus to Bed
by Sherri Dusky RinkerOctopants
by Suzy SeniorPresident Squid
by Aaron ReynoldsSquid and Octopus: Friends for Always
by Tao NyeuTake Your Octopus to School Day
by Audrey VernickCraft: Squid
- Draw a simple squid body (rounded triangle with eyes and smile) on heavy paper or cardstock and cut out.
- Color squid body
- Cut crepe paper into 2 six inch crepe paper pieces. Then cut each of those pieces into four narrow strips.
- Cut crepe paper into a eight inch piece. Then cut that piece into four narrow strips. (You will only need of the final strips.)
- Glue eight shorter crepe paper strips and two longer strips onto bottom of squid's body.
- After reading I'm the Biggest Thing in the Ocean, try to determine the size of different sea creatures (i.e. sharks, seahorses, jellyfish, etc) in relation to each other.
- Learn about some of the differences between squids and jellyfish by checking out some nonfiction books from the library or researching online. One difference is that an octopus has eight tentacles while a squid has ten.