Search This Blog

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Karen Beaumont Story Time - June 10-11, 2013

Books:
Baby Danced the Polka by Karen Beaumont *
I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! by Karen Beaumont *
I Like Myself! by Karen Beaumont
Move Over, Rover by Karen Beaumont *
No Sleep for the Sheep by Karen Beaumont
Shoe-La-La! by Karen Beaumont
Where's My T-R-U-C-K? by Karen Beaumont
Who Ate All the Cookie Dough? by Karen Beaumont *

Craft: Cookie Magnet
Children colored and then glued sequins to a cardstock circle to make it resemble a cookie.  A magnet was stuck to the back.

Literacy Expanders:
- See how many rhyming words you can come up with to rhyme with body parts like in I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! (i.e. head, bed, said, etc.)
- Try reading a book that repeats a common word often and replace that word with the spelling to see if your child can figure out what the word is (i.e. - Where's My T-R-U-C-K?)

No comments:

Post a Comment