Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes (Clothes) Sing-Along Story Time: June 18-19, 2018

Books:
Clothesline Clues to Jobs People Do by Kathryn Heling *
Hello, Sun! by Dayle Ann Dodds
How to Dress a Dragon by Thelma Godin *
The Nuts: Sing & Dance in Your Polka Dot Pants by Eric Litwin *
Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin *

Craft: Pete the Cat Headband
This week's craft was based on the picture at left.  The children were given a strip of cardstock with Pete's eyes and nose to color as well as two triangles for ears.  The pieces were then glued together along with another strip of cardstock to make into a headband.  Thin black strips of paper were then glue on for whiskers.

Literacy Extensions:
- Learning to dress yourself is an important skill for children to learn.  Have your children pick out their outfit to wear and practice dressing themselves.  Work on snaps, buttons, and ties.
- Extend Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by asking your child to name more things that Pete can step in and then what color it would change his shoes.


Template --

No comments:

Post a Comment