Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

What Do You Feel? Love Story Time: February 10-11, 2014

Books:
Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney *
How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You? by Jane Yolen
I Loathe You by David Slonim *
I Love You Because You're You by Liza Baker
Love Monster by Rachel Bright *
Old Bear and His Cub by Olivier Dunrea *
What Do You Love? by Jonathan London

Craft: Hearts Necklace
Each child was given three hearts to color along with beads and a piece of curling ribbon.  The hearts could be glued together or strung onto the ribbon individually with the beads to make a necklace.

Literacy Extensions:
- With your child try to come up with expressions to show how much you love each other (i.e. Guess How Much I Love You and I Loathe You)
- See how many rhymes your child can come up with for the words "I", "love", and "you".

No comments:

Post a Comment