Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I & J - Ice Cream & Jellyfish: March 2-3, 2015

Books:
Bunnies on Ice by Johanna Wright
Emma Kate by Patricia Polacco
Ice Cream Soup by Ann Ingalls *
If I Were a Jungle Animal by Tom & Amanda Allery
Should I Share My Ice Cream? by Mo Willems *
Tiny Little Fly by Michael Rosen *

Craft: Jellyfish
I found a coloring sheet of a jellyfish online and copied the head part onto cardstock and cut it out.  Children colored the head before gluing on crepe paper strips for the tentacles.

Literacy Extensions:
- After reading Emma Kate to your child, ask them which character was the imaginary friend.  Go back through the book looking at the visual clues to determine the answer.
- Have your child create the recipe for their favorite ice cream sundae (i.e. Ice Cream Soup)


Notes:
- It was difficult to come up with books that featured items starting with "I" or "J".  So we decided to combine them this week for our story time.

No comments:

Post a Comment